Goals and Objectives of this Course:
- Use prompts about resolving conflict in the elementary classroom to describe assumptions and insights of practitioners, researchers and self, including how the information relates to professional education practice and growth.
- Examine the dynamics of conflict resolution in the workplace, in relationships, and in the elementary school setting.
- Review healthy conflict resolution and restorative justice strategies for educators and elementary students.
- Identify conflict resolution strategies educators can use with students and the disparities in discipline practices for students of color.
- Evaluate conflict resolution procedures designed for elementary students.
- Develop social-emotional learning best practices that are foundational to conflict resolution and managing emotions.