Goals and Objectives of this Course:
- Use prompts about family-teacher conferences to describe assumptions and insights of practitioners, researchers and self, including how the information relates to professional education practice and growth.
- Apply strategies to cultivate the foundational role of strong caregiver-teacher communication.
- Develop an inclusive communication plan with materials in order to strengthen relationships with families from a variety of cultural and linguistic backgrounds.
- Select strategies for approaching challenging conversations with family members.
- Create a tool to remember best practices for conducting effective caregiver-teacher conferences.
- Plan and develop materials to prepare families for what to expect from a family-teacher conference and how they can best participate and collaborate with the teacher.