Goals and Objectives of this Course:
- Use prompts about school counselors and career and college readiness to describe assumptions and insights of practitioners, researchers and self, including how the information relates to professional education practice and growth.
- Examine the benefits of having access to school counselors, guiding students in career and college readiness, anti-racism practices, and assisting students with disabilities in making career choices.
- Identify school counselor career and college readiness standards and competencies.
- Develop a college and career tip sheet or skilled trades tip sheet for students exploring their collegiate and career options.
- Determine the impact of social emotional learning skills and mental health on career and college readiness.
- Brainstorm the rewards of a career as a school counselor including the influence counselors have on students’ futures.