Goals and Objectives of this Course:
- Use prompts about teaching secondary math to describe assumptions and insights of practitioners, researchers and self, including how the information relates to professional education practice and growth.
- Connect ideas about problem solving in math with your current instructional model.
- Identify strategies to support Mathematical Habits of Mind.
- Explain how to foster problem solving skills before, during, and after math instruction.
- Compare and contrast planning practices that include problem solving in math instruction.
- Articulate ways to promote equity and accessibility instruction for all students learning math.