Goals and Objectives of this Course:
- Use prompts about teaching writing skills to students who are ELL/MLL to describe assumptions and insights of practitioners, researchers and self, including how the information relates to professional education practice and growth.
- Brainstorm ideas for scaffolding content when teaching students who are ELL/MLL writing skills.
- Design an activity to measure ELL/MLL writing fluency.
- Apply a writing plan designed to measure choice and authenticity for students who are ELL/MLL.
- Explore strategies for providing assessment and feedback about ELL/MLL student writing.
- Synthesize writing best practices when working with students who are ELL/MLL.