Goals and Objectives of this Course:
- Use prompts about math manipulatives, to describe assumptions and insights of practitioners, researchers and self, including how the information relates to professional education practice and growth.
- Determine “before/after” changes in teaching to include manipulatives.
- Implement physical manipulatives within geometry instruction.
- Review videos showing geometry visualization, and brainstorm ideas to apply to the classroom.
- Develop a mini-lesson to teach students how to use manipulatives.
- Create micro goals to apply learning about manipulatives in the geometry classroom.