Goals and Objectives of this Course:
- Use prompts about gifted education to describe assumptions and insights of practitioners, researchers, and self, including how the information relates to professional education practice and growth.
- Identify the characteristics of learners who are gifted so it can be recognized in students.
- Examine why minority groups are underrepresented in gifted education.
- Select strategies to ensure students who are gifted will develop the social and emotional skills needed as they mature.
- Design a differentiated lesson plan for students who are gifted using tiered activities and grouping strategies.
- Construct a plan for family and community engagement (FACE) in the gifted classroom.