Goals and Objectives of this Course:
- Use prompts about Response to Intervention (RTI), to describe assumptions and insights of practitioners, researchers and self, including how the information relates to professional education practice and growth.
- Summarize the basics of Response to Intervention (RTI) and compare it to Multi-Tiered Support Systems (MTSS) and Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports (PBIS).
- Differentiate between Tier 1 support and higher levels of intervention based on student need.
- Identify the need for Tier 2 support and select appropriate interventions for students.
- Recognize the advancement of tiered support and establish when intensive Tier 3 interventions are required.
- Assess when a student has not made sufficient progress in RTI and determine if special education services are needed.