Goals and Objectives of this Course:
- Use prompts about sports coaching to describe assumptions and insights of practitioners, researchers and self, including how the information relates to professional education practice and growth.
- Examine leadership and coaching styles through the exploration and observation of other coaches.
- Explore research-based parenting styles and how to apply best parenting practices to coaching student athletes.
- Analyze the benefits of coaching youth sports.
- Evaluate the reasons why coaches quit.
- Collaborate on ideas for recruiting coaches of color and female coaches.