Goals and Objectives of this Course:
- Use prompts about teaching climate change to students to describe assumptions and insights of practitioners, researchers and self, including how the information relates to professional education practice and growth.
- Learn foundational information about climate change and its impact on the Earth, humanity, and students.
- Explore resources that can be used to effectively educate students about climate change.
- Review research that counters the controversy about climate change and its impact.
- Design an initiative, presentation, or unit of study about climate change.
- Investigate concepts of student advocacy and activism that teach students ways to take action to combat climate change.
- Explore how climate change has a greater impact on people in poverty and people of color.