Goals and Objectives of this Course:
- Use prompts about engagement and active learning in science instruction to describe assumptions and insights of practitioners, researchers and self, including how the information relates to professional education practice and growth.
- Identify shifts to student-centered science instruction using the Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS) frameworks.
- Brainstorm teaching ideas within the 5E framework.
- Apply an active learning approach to a current science lesson or unit.
- Design an activity to teach students a collaborative skill.
- Set a goal to improve representation in science lessons designed to inspire all students.