Goals and Objectives of this Course:
- Use prompts about coaching athletes to describe assumptions and insights of practitioners, researchers and self, including how the information relates to professional education practice and growth.
- Develop your statement of coaching philosophy that articulates your priorities and approaches.
- Evaluate the role of the coach in teaching children life lessons that extend beyond the playing field in ways that help you to generate personal and professional goals for this course.
- Evaluate your own reactions to wins and losses, and model appropriate responses for your athletes that teach the importance of accepting loss gracefully.
- Realize and convey the role of respect in sportsmanship for teammates, coaches, opponents, and game officials.
- Devise methods for evaluating your progress and success at meeting personal and professional goals set for this course.