Goals and Objectives of this Course:
- Use prompts about culturally responsive special education, to describe assumptions and insights of practitioners, researchers and self, including how the information relates to professional education practice and growth.
- Understand culturally responsive practices and their impact on student belonging and achievement.
- Identify strategies to interrupt unconscious bias that may occur in educational spaces.
- Examine processes used for assessment and referral, and determine shifts towards equity.
- Develop lessons with the Universal Design for Learning (UDL) framework that meet diverse learner needs.