Goals and Objectives of this Course:
- Use prompts about emotional intelligence (“EQ”), to describe assumptions and insights of practitioners, researchers and self, including how the information relates to professional education practice and growth.
- Demonstrate comprehension of the science of emotions and the role they play in the learning process.
- Describe the various components of emotional intelligence and how it can be developed.
- Explore strategies to support students who have experienced traumatic or emotionally troubling events using trauma-informed SEL practices.
- Apply various mindfulness techniques and strategies to support the emotional wellness of learners in the classroom.
- Combine mindfulness and somatic practices to create an emotionally intelligent classroom environment where learners can thrive.