Goals and Objectives of this Course:
- Use prompts about teaching listening skills to students who are ELL to describe assumptions and insights of practitioners, researchers and self, including how the information relates to professional education practice and growth.
- Develop a listening activity designed to provide practice time.
- Analyze best practices for teaching ELLs listening and speaking skills.
- Identify comprehensible input strategies to improve ELL communication.
- Measure ELLs Basic Interpersonal Communication Skills (BICS) and Cognitive Academic Language Proficiency (CALP).
- Examine targeted speaking skills and practices.