Goals and Objectives of this Course:
- Use prompts about leadership in special education, to describe assumptions and insights of practitioners, researchers, and self, including how the information relates to professional education practice and growth.
- Research laws that shaped special education practice and demonstrate an understanding of the due process compliance proceedings.
- Determine differences between schoolwide intervention systems and IEPs and 504 plans to facilitate interventions and supports effectively.
- Identify your role in the special education process and detail the components of completing an IEP.
- Articulate strategies and tools to evaluate and coach special education teachers.
- Improve communication skills and processes to support students, families, teachers, and community members.