Goals and Objectives of this Course:
- Use prompts about equity-centered trauma-informed teaching, to describe assumptions and insights of practitioners, researchers and self, including how the information relates to professional education practice and growth.
- Implement approaches to address deficit thinking, unconditional positive regard, or creating boundaries.
- Redesign a lesson to include movement or art as a way to promote healing.
- Create an activity for students to collaborate on a creative project to promote healing through critical consciousness.
- Challenge the status quo by assessing school policy for alignment with equity-centered, trauma informed practices.