Goals and Objectives of this Course:
- Use prompts about teaching and learning in math to describe assumptions and insights of practitioners, researchers and self, including how the information relates to professional education practice and growth.
- Determine whether math needs a “makeover” to better address student learning needs.
- Understand how growth “mathematical mindsets” counter math myths and misconceptions.
- Create a SMART Goal for increasing culturally mindful contexts and relevancy in your math instruction.
- Explore ways to infuse additional mathematical modeling in math instruction.
- Learn additional strategies to make math relevant and meaningful.