Goals and Objectives of this Course:
- Use prompts about special education process and special education law to describe assumptions and insights of practitioners, researchers and self, including how the information relates to professional education practice and growth.
- Define key vocabulary associated with special education and research important case law that has shaped special education practices today.
- Identify the impact of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 on students with disabilities and create a 504 Plan to support a student.
- Assess the benefits of inclusion for students with disabilities with the major components of the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA)
- Explain the 13 disability areas covered under IDEA and determine the needed components for an Individual Education Plan
- Compare and contrast No Child Left Behind (NCLB) and Every Student Succeeds (ESSA)