Goals and Objectives of this Course:
- Use prompts about civics education, to describe assumptions and insights of practitioners, researchers and self, including how the information relates to professional education practice and growth.
- Develop a SMART goal related to inclusive Civics education for today’s students.
- Create or refresh an activity for students to understand the need for media literacy.
- Investigate resources to support student civil discourse.
- Explore techniques and resources to support working with historical documents and primary sources.
- Brainstorm opportunities for students to exercise civic action.