Goals and Objectives of this Course:
- Use prompts about students and drugs to describe assumptions and insights of practitioners, researchers and self, including how the information relates to professional education practice and growth.
- Learn how poverty and racism contribute to drug use and addiction in the United States.
- Explore student drug use and addiction statistics and the impact of trauma on addiction.
- Analyze the effects of drug use and addiction on student physical and mental health, and the implications for dying by suicide.
- Discover how to lead conversations with students about drug use and addiction with honesty and integrity.
- Gain an understanding about how drug education and support keep students safe.