Goals and Objectives of this Course:
- Use prompts about inquiry-based teaching in science to describe assumptions and insights of practitioners, researchers and self, including how the information relates to professional education practice and growth.
- Understand best practices, benefits, and characteristics of inquiry-based learning.
- Connect inquiry-based learning to the Science and Engineering practices of NGSS.
- Explore the student and teacher roles and the IBL process to engage student learning.
- Identify strategies for lesson planning, effective questioning, and discussions in an inquiry-based classroom.
- Recognize ways assessment is used in inquiry-based learning.