Goals and Objectives of this Course:
- Use provided prompts specific to reading instruction, to describe assumptions and insights of practitioners, researchers and self, including how the information relates to professional educational practice.
- Explain, in writing, the five essential components of reading instruction.
- Summarize, in writing, plans to implement reading strategies.
- Describe, in writing, assessment and intervention approaches to identify and intervene with struggling students.
- Develop a unit of reading instruction for students, a presentation to train colleagues, or a resource website to house information for a specified audience.