Goals and Objectives of this Course:
- Use provided prompts specific to building equity through coaching, to describe assumptions and insights of practitioners, researchers and self, including how the information relates to professional educational practice.
- Build foundational equity knowledge and reflect on motivations for advancing equity work in the learning environment.
- Examine the components of effective coaching, including the importance of building relationships and establishing trust with teachers.
- In collaboration with district leaders, examine the role of coaches and understand the supports and tools available to them.
- Design a professional development opportunity that communicates how coaching can better support equity and teacher development of equitable practices.