Goals and Objectives of this Course:
- Reflect on assumptions and insights of practitioners, researchers and self, specific to understanding the factors beyond academics that challenge ELLs and how they can be addressed.
- Understand the social emotional learning approach (SEL) and a teacher’s role in developing a positive learning environment for ELLs.
- Identify ways to integrate social emotional learning concepts into teaching practices.
- Develop resources to help students and school community members understand the complex nature of learning for ELLs and their potential for growth.
- Examine the importance of making student connections and ways in which your current approach can be improved.