Goals and Objectives of this Course:
- Use prompts about reading comprehension, to describe assumptions and insights of practitioners, researchers and self, including how the information relates to professional education practice and growth.
- Design lessons that utilize research-based strategies for helping students construct meaning from complex texts.
- Create an activity for students to collaborate on learning about text structures and their use for making meaning.
- Develop a plan to implement vocabulary and syntax routines in your reading instruction.
- Challenge the status quo related to background knowledge by designing an activity to assess, activate, build and connect to previous knowledge.