Goals and Objectives of this Course:
- Use prompts about instruction for literacy, to describe assumptions and insights of practitioners, researchers and self, including how the information relates to professional education practice and growth.
- Design a literacy-based intervention plan for a small group or individual based on assessment data.
- Draft a communication plan that includes how to keep families informed and engaged with their student’s literacy growth throughout the year.
- Collaborate with a colleague to create an informational artifact to share with others about the components of an evidence-based literacy program which includes writing.
- Create an implementation plan for adding peer feedback or student discussions into a literacy block instruction.
- Challenge the status quo by either revamping a lesson or unit to include a children’s picture book as a read aloud or develop a presentation on how to use children’s picture books in literacy instruction.
- Summarize, in writing, implementation of a technology tool that can be used to improve literacy instruction or student learning.