Goals and Objectives of this Course:
- Use provided prompts specific to materials for teaching literacy, to describe assumptions and insights of practitioners, researchers and self, including how the information relates to professional educational practice.
- Create an implementation plan for using an evidence-based practice in writing instruction.
- Design a writing lesson using a mentor text.
- Collaborate with a colleague to outline a week of lessons using the same print or multimedia resource.
- Develop a literacy-based learning activity that uses a culturally diverse text and at least one evidence-based practice.
- Identify and provide rationale of practices to stop and start specific to literacy instruction, choosing materials, and culturally responsive teaching.