Goals and Objectives of this Course:
- Use provided prompts specific to processes and acquisition of literacy skill to describe assumptions and insights of practitioners, researchers and self, including how the information relates to professional educational practice.
- Design a new, innovative lesson to improve literacy skills.
- Develop a resource for parents, other educators, or a community organization to collaborate with and assist other adults as they help develop literacy skills in children.
- Identify five practices to improve writing instruction and increase student learning and how the practices can be implemented.
- Document how information from the course can inform specific changes to the participant’s professional practice as it relates to language, literacy, and students who need assistance.
- Identify four factors (2 internal and 2 external) that can impact literacy acquisition and identify a solution to each.
- Recommend multiple classroom strategies based on scenarios which include the factor of linguistic variation.