Goals and Objectives of this Course:
- Use prompts about students with severe and multiple impairments (SMI), to describe assumptions and insights of practitioners, researchers and self, including how the information relates to professional education practice and growth.
- Design or refresh a lesson that includes multisensory strategies.
- Create a communication tool to collaborate with families while supporting students with SMI.
- Implement appropriate assistive technology to address students’ barriers to learning.
- Challenge the status quo related to students with SMI by creating and implementing visual aids for group participation, or by interviewing a special education colleague to better understand their role.