Goals and Objectives of this Course:
- Use provided prompts specific to racial injustice in the Black community to describe assumptions and insights of practitioners, researchers and self, including how the information relates to professional educational practice.
- Design an outline or checklist about teaching the hard history of racial injustice in the Black community.
- Prepare an activity to collaborate with students, colleagues, or families to educate others about the history of racial injustice in the Black community.
- Implement a plan for facilitating tough conversations about racial injustice in the Black community during specific times in our nation’s history.
- Develop an action plan to challenge the status quo related to allyship, accomplices, advocacy, and action for racial justice in the Black community.