Goals and Objectives of this Course:
- Use provided prompts specific to mathematical fluency, to describe assumptions and insights of practitioners, researchers and self, including how the information relates to professional educational practice.
- Implement practices that strengthen the foundations for fluency.
- Collaborate with a stakeholder to develop an artifact that addresses common questions or misunderstandings about math fluency.
- Challenge the status quo through the development of a tech-infused assessment that measures student flexibility and strategy selection (rather than simply accuracy).
- Design a fluency-focused unit of instruction that incorporates the principles, strategies, and structures presented in the text.