Goals and Objectives of this Course:
- Use prompts about promoting equity in music education to describe assumptions and insights of practitioners, researchers and self, including how the information relates to professional education practice and growth.
- Design lessons using songs or activities that connect with and affirm the identities of students
from underrepresented groups.
- Make a plan to collaborate with local community musicians in creating authentic, relevant
experiences for students.
- Implement new strategies to build connections between and with your diverse groups of
- Challenge the status quo to re-examine the Western art music pedagogy and your own ideas of musicianship.