Goals and Objectives of this Course:
- Use provided prompts specific to learning about people who identify as LGBT+ to describe assumptions and insights of practitioners, researchers, and self, including how the information relates to professional educational practice.
- Design scripts and lead conversations that teach others about course topics and their impact on the LGBT+ community.
- Prepare an activity to collaborate with students in the creation of a PSA (Public Service Announcement) or Book Study with the information designed to educate and inform classrooms, schools, and the community.
- Implement the social platform TikTok or video to communicate knowledge and understanding about people who identify as LGBT+.
- Develop an action plan to challenge the status quo related to pronouns and allyship for people who identify as LGBT+.