Goals and Objectives of this Course:
- Use provided prompts specific to anti-bias/anti-racist teaching, to describe assumptions and insights of practitioners, researchers and self, including how the information relates to professional educational practice.
- Design a plan for classroom discussion about the complex topics of race and inequality in classrooms that uses supportive dialogue techniques.
- Evaluate the classroom environment including texts, materials and teaching strategies for evidence of bias.
- Implement new teaching strategies using anti-bias/anti-racist approaches.
- Prepare an activity to collaborate with colleagues or students that introduces anti-racist ally behaviors and actions.
- Develop a unit of study, professional development plan, or student group proposal that challenges the status quo related to anti-bias/anti-racist approaches to education.