Goals and Objectives of this Course:
- Use provided prompts specific to global competence to describe assumptions and insights of practitioners, researchers, and self, including how the information relates to professional educational practice.
- Design a series of lessons that incorporate culturally responsive teaching practices into content area work.
- Prepare an activity to collaborate with members of the school community on a Global Competence Toolkit that supports students, teachers, parents, and community members.
- Implement a check list for teachers that can be used systematically to self-assess practices and/or inventory instructional materials in order to stay intentional about reflecting and representing global competence.
- Develop an action plan to challenge the status quo related to global competence.