Goals and Objectives of this Course:
- Use provided prompts specific to stress to describe assumptions and insights of practitioners, researchers and self, including how the information relates to professional educational practice.
- Explain, in writing, the physiological, psychological, and physical impacts of stress.
- Summarize, in writing, an understanding of our emotional triggers, negative self-talk, physiological imprint, and states of awareness and their relationship to stress.
- Describe, in writing, how to mitigate the negative impacts of stress, and how to apply life-generating approaches to manage our stress response, using research-based strategies.
- Develop a presentation or unit of study about stress, including the physiology of our stress response, and the strategies to manage it.