Goals and Objectives of this Course:
- Use provided prompts specific to culturally and linguistically responsive teaching, to describe assumptions and insights of practitioners, researchers, and self, including how the information relates to professional educational practice.
- Reflect on concepts of culture and language to support the affirmation and validation of all student experiences.
- Develop an action plan to address situationally inappropriate behavior using the Validate-Affirm-Build-Bridge framework.
- Implement strategies that address culture and language through classroom management, academic language and literacy.
- Collaborate with a colleague to examine the learning environment and determine steps to better align with culturally and linguistically responsive principles.
- Design a series of lessons using culturally and linguistically responsive strategies and the VABB framework.