Goals and Objectives of this Course:
- Explain how connection is essential for academic and behavioral success.
- Apply neuroscience research to build stronger connections with students.
- Set intentions for building six types of connections in the classroom.
- Understand how emotions affect learning and plan for creating a nurturing learning environment.
- Analyze disconnecting pressures to create more connection in the classroom.
- Recognize the role that addiction plays in the classroom and use this knowledge to create authentic emotional attachments.
- Support students to see challenges from a positive and rewarding perspective.
- Examine research about emotional connections to create lesson and unit plans.