Goals and Objectives of this Course:
- Use provided prompts specific to social comprehension, describe assumptions and insights of practitioners, researchers and self, including how the information relates to professional educational practice.
- Design lessons focused on a variety of social comprehension skills, including empathy, identity, and listening.
- Prepare an adult or student-focused collaborative activity reinforcing the skills of empathy, connection, identity, listening, candor, microaggressions, or bias.
- Implement lessons and activities focused on social comprehension.
- Develop an action plan to challenge the status quo for responding to of challenging subject matters in the classroom.