Goals and Objectives of this Course:
- Use provided prompts specific to kinesthetic learning, describe assumptions and insights of practitioners, researchers and self, including how the information relates to professional educational practice.
- Explore the framework for becoming a kinesthetic educator.
- Analyze current sedentary teaching methods and determine how to infuse movement.
- Define one’s own purposes, plans, and practices for a healthy lifestyle.
- Describe the brain-body connection and its impact on teaching and learning.
- Develop a kinesthetic educator philosophy.
- Prescribe movement strategies to prepare the brain for learning.
- Review research that supports movement for teaching and learning.