Goals and Objectives of this Course:
- Reflect on assumptions and insights of practitioners, researchers and self, related to understanding and supporting students who have anxiety.
- Apply the Cognitive Behavior Model (CBT) to real world situations to help students process behaviors related to anxiety.
- Create a student-friendly menu of coping strategies for use in the classroom.
- Choose and provide appropriate accommodation for assignments, presentations, testing, in-class work, and the overall classroom environment.
- Develop a colleague-to-colleague communication process for identifying a student in need.
- Assist students who have anxiety around academic performance with strategies to mitigate stress.