Goals and Objectives of this Course:
- Reflect on assumptions and insights of practitioners, researchers and self in regard to emotional and physical safety at school.
- Determine the necessity for social-emotional learning in the creation of an emotionally safe classroom.
- Design a presentation and/or conversation outline to communicate the need for schools to develop emotionally safe classrooms.
- Examine how emotionally safe classrooms are impacted by trauma, empathy, managing emotions, resilience, and online safety.
- Identify one’s school or district Emergency Operations Plan and update the plan with EOP course strategies.
- Analyze how communication with parents will be facilitated in the event of a natural or human-made incident.
- Apply course learning to nurture hope and motivate action.