Goals and Objectives of this Course:
As a result of participation in this course, students will be able to:
- Reflect on assumptions and insights of practitioners, researchers and self, specific to a reading assessment and intervention.
- Identify reading assessment used in Response to Intervention and Multi-Tiered Systems of Support specific to screening, diagnostic assessment and progress monitoring.
- Analyze teaching materials and resources used for reading instruction and intervention to ensure a match to student need.
- Develop tools and resources for assessment and intervention in the areas of: early literacy, reading fluency, reading comprehension and vocabulary.
- Apply reading assessment and intervention procedures.