Goals and Objectives of this Course:
As a result of participation in this course, students will be able to:
- Reflect on assumptions and insights of practitioners, researchers and self, specific to trauma-invested practices.
- Summarize experiences, insights, assumptions and current practices related to teaching and/or providing services to students who have experienced trauma.
- Develop a needs-based explanation of student behavior to assist in choosing appropriate interventions.
- Create teaching and learning activities for improving relationships, responsibility and regulation in students.
- Participate in activities to improve work-life balance which can be disrupted by working with students who have experienced trauma.