Goals and Objectives of this Course:
- Reflect on assumptions and insights of practitioners, researchers and self, specific to play in professional practice.
- Define one’s personal philosophy of play.
- Incorporate the Magnificent Seven: create, move, sing, discuss, observe, read, and play into lesson plans.
- Implement research and evidence based teaching methods in the classroom.
- Learn why play is the foundation of children’s learning.
- Identify researchers’ work in the early childhood education field and grow in understanding of their knowledge and influence.
- Curate evidence which supports play as a teaching and learning strategy.