Goals and Objectives of this Course:
- Reflect on assumptions and insights of practitioners, researchers and self, specific to building social emotional skills through sports and physical education in professional practice.
- Construct strategies to increase emotional quotient (EQ) through sports and/or physical education.
- Develop action plans and activities to increase community through team building, encouragement, peer to peer specific praise and greetings.
- Formulate and implement strategies for increasing positive character traits in students in sports and/or physical education.
- Apply concepts aligned with growth mindsets to move students from goal setting to achievement of goals.
- Investigate self-assessment and reflection activities to increase success in sports and/or physical education.
- Reflect on the physical education teacher and/or coach’s role and responsibility in building character, community and a growth mindset in students and/or athletes.