As a result of participation in this course, participants will:
- Use provided prompts specific to close reading to describe assumptions and insights of practitioners, researchers and self, including how the information relates to professional educational practice.
- Design or revise a lesson to help students demonstrate understanding of a signpost.
- Prepare an activity for students to collaborate with one another in close reading discussions.
- Implement a text-dependent questions protocol.
- Develop an action plan to challenge the status quo related to close reading.