Goals and Objectives of this Course:
- Reflect on assumptions and insights of practitioners, researchers and self, specific to mindsets in mathematics.
- Define and apply principles that relate to Mathematical Mindsets.
- Understand the need for a mathematical makeover.
- Implement practices to address current mathematical misconceptions.
- Understand how the concepts of classroom norms, meaningful tasks, and embracing mistakes function within mathematical mindsets.
- Design meaningful and engaging mathematical tasks for students, catering to a variety of learning styles.
- Apply positive messaging and high-quality teaching to make the difference for students who do not see themselves as mathematicians.