Goals and Objectives of this Course:
- Reflect on assumptions and insights of practitioners, researchers and self, specific to the use of phonics instruction in professional practice.
- Examine the fundamentals of phonics instruction and consider how planning, teaching, and assessment strategies will enhance phonics skills and overall reading development for all students.
- Identify the role of practice and repetition in decoding and word recognition automaticity by using routines to support classroom and individual student needs.
- Demonstrate the ability to incorporate phonemic awareness and phonics instructional strategies in daily meaningful reading routines and practice of a classroom community of readers.
- Enhance student engagement, reading comprehension, and overall academic achievement in your classroom via valuable resources in phonemic awareness and phonics skills for reading development.